So, you hired that individual who seemed full of promise. They had an amazing CV, the looks, the perfect interview, signed contract and good to go…
Then, a few months down the line, the settling-in period has ended and you’re still waiting for the results that a few months ago, seemed guaranteed. You are waiting for the “STAR” performance to kick in, but somehow feel like you were fooled by a sparkler.
In the competitive employment market, with so many people competing for positions out of desperation rather than passion, we are easily deceived by the “professional interviewees”. Here are some suggestions, based on research, to increase the chances of hiring the right person by inserting the following processes in your hiring process:
- The Interview process: This includes the CV which identifies Skills-Fit/Experience and followed by ”The Interview”. By utilising this process you only have 14% chance of hiring the right person. That is a 1 in 7 chance of hitting the mark.
- Reference Checking: Following up on references increases your hiring hit to 26% chance
- Personality Testing: By adding personality testing increase your chances to 38%.
- Abilities Testing: Job-Related skills and abilities tests increase your chances to 54%.
- Interest Testing: Assessing an individual’s interests and comparing them to the job-interests increases your odds to 66%. Interests are an individual’s natural motivators to do the job.
- Job-Match: Assess candidates using a reliable Job-Match assessment (like the PXT which includes Interest Testing) to increase your chances to a staggering 75%.
We have years of experience and multiple tools at our disposal for testing and job match. Let us help you increase your chances of hiring right.
(Source: Professor Mike Smith, University of Manchester, USA, August 1994, Professors John E. Hunter & Ronda R. Hunter, Validity and Utility of Alternative Predictors of Job Performance, Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 96)